The Center for Treatment of Anxiety and Mood Disorders is proud to announce the opening of our Trauma Center and Resiliency Program. We provide trauma-informed and specialized outpatient mental health and consultation services to survivors or victims of recent, current or past trauma.
A traumatic or adverse experience is one that can be described as something that happens to us that shakes us up deeply and from which we have a hard time healing, or being able to “get through.” These may be referred to as emotional trauma, mental trauma, psychological trauma, or by other terms.
Examples of traumatic experiences include, but are not limited to surviving a natural disaster, major accidents, facing chronic or terminal illness, domestic violence, sudden death of a loved one, racism and homophobia, childhood abuse, and interpersonal partner abuse.
Common diagnoses of trauma.
We have psychologists and psychiatrists who are highly trained in trauma therapy and in helping people heal from trauma. Common diagnoses related to trauma include, but are not limited to:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex Trauma (also called Developmental Trauma)
- Acute Stress Disorder
Treatment methods of trauma.
Whether a person meets full criteria for PTSD or other mental health conditions or not, we can help. Trauma can be healed and people can fully recover with specialized treatment. Let us help you! We offer the following services:
- Consultation for family members, individuals or other professionals
- Assessment and diagnostic services
- Individual therapy tailored to your needs
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy)
- Group therapy
- Resiliency training workshops and programs
- Appropriate referrals for auxiliary services such as trauma informed yoga or other supportive therapies
Our team of psychologists and psychiatrists in Delray Beach, FL and also across the United States via teletherapy will collaborate fully in order to understand your needs, recommend an individually tailored treatment plan, coordinate your care, and provide you with state-of-the-art, high-quality services. We offer services in English as well as in Spanish.