Free Workshop Series:
Sleeping Well: Improve Your Sleep Without Medication
August 27, 2016
- Does it take more than 30 minutes for you to fall asleep?
- Do you have trouble staying asleep throughout the night, and find yourself frustrated when you can’t fall back asleep?
- Do you feel too dependent on medication in order to get a restful night’s sleep?
Dr. Joseph Brand will lead this one-hour educational seminar for adults who regularly struggle with getting quality sleep. Attendees of this seminar can expect to learn the following:
- Why sleep difficulties like insomnia start, and are then so hard to break.
- The short- and long-term benefits of evidence-based, BEHAVIORAL (non-medication) strategies for improving your sleep.
- How to practice these evidence-based strategies on a regular basis to form healthier sleep habits and improve sleep quality and satisfaction.
Who is this workshop for?
All adults, ages 18 and up.
When is the workshop?
Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
Where is the workshop being held?
4600 Linton Blvd
Delray Beach, FL
The workshop is FREE. Adults only, ages 18 and up. Space is limited so please RSVP early to ensure a seat is available.
To RSVP please fill out the form above or contact the staff at The Center for Treatment of Anxiety and Mood Disorders.
If you have questions about the workshop, contact Dr. Joseph Brand or call 561-496-1094.
About the Presenter
Dr. Joseph Brand is a post-doctoral fellow who specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders, insomnia depression, trauma, OCD, and related disorders, such as hoarding, skin-picking, and trichotillomania for children, adolescents, and adults.
He utilizes an empathic approach to form strong therapeutic alliances and to work collaboratively with patients. Dr. Brand provides both individual and group psychotherapy. He also works closely with families of patients when appropriate.
Dr. Brand employs cognitive-behavioral interventions (CBT) for the treatment of anxiety, insomnia, and mood disorders. He has extensive training in exposure-based therapies, including exposure and response prevention (ERP), cognitive therapies, habit-reversal therapies, and mindfulness-based therapies.
Dr. Brand received his Ph.D. from Fordham University in the clinical psychology program. He completed his predoctoral internship at Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City. His previous clinical experience includes working in public hospitals, VA hospitals, and outpatient clinics, including the OCD and Related Disorders Program at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
Dr. Brand has extensive experience providing CBT in a variety of settings, including home visits, off-site visits, and via videoconference (i.e., Skype, FaceTime). He has published work on the effectiveness of teleconference and videoconference psychotherapy, as well as obstacles to successful treatment using CBT.